This past weekend, Chef Nemo Bolin of Cook & Brown Public House earned “Best in Show” at the annual Boston Lamb Jam competition, besting 20 other top chefs from the region. Sponsored by the American Lamb Board, the event drew more than 500 hungry fans to the Royal Sonesta Hotel for an American lamb cook-off.
A panel of judges taste-tested more than 20 American lamb dishes across five categories and pronounced the following chefs winners in their categories:
- Best in Show/Best in Ground: Chef Nemo Bolin, Cook & Brown Public House / RI – Merguez Scotch Egg with Herb Yogurt
- People’s Choice: Chef Jim Solomon, The Fireplace / MA – Pomegranate Glazed Lamb Shanks with Arugula Pesto and Toasted Walnut Porridge
- Best in Leg (a tie): Chef Graham Botto, Back Bay Grill / ME – Grilled Leg of Lamb on Pretzel Bread with Parsley, Fava Beans and Bone Marrow Salad and Chef Brian Reyelt, Citizen Public House & Oyster Bar / MA – Lamb Leg “McNuggets” with Lamb Fat Ranch
- Best in Shank: Chef Daniel Bojorquez, La Brasa / MA – Lamb Shank Pozole
- Best Shoulder: Chef Beau Vestal, New Rivers / RI – Lamb Merguez Hotdog and Sweet Hawaiian Roll